Raktamokshan is the procedure of blood-letting. In this procedure we take out the impure blood, due to which a person is suffering from a disease. Hence this procedure detoxifies ‘raktadhatu’ ( Blood). It is really very helpful & effective procedure though it sounds very primitive. Not more than 100 to 150 ml blood is taken out at one sitting. Sharad rutu (i.e. period between September to November) is a classical period for detoxification of your body through raktamokshan. Raktamokshana can be used in the treatment of following diseases:-All types of Skin diseases, Psoriasis, liken planes, leukoderma, Hyperlipidemia, Heart Disease, Hypertension, Acne, Gout, Obesity, vertigo, Herpes Infections,General Detoxification etc…
Pre-procedure:- it includes a ‘Aabhyantar Snehapan’ (taking Ghee or oil orally). Amount of snehapan defers patient to patient. At times whole body massage may also be required.
Procedure :- According to ancient ayurvedic practices raktamokshana can be done by four ways:-A) Siravedh
1) All types of Skin diseases could be treated with raktamokshana.
2) Psorias could be treated with the help of raktamokshana.
3) liken planes, leukoderma could be treated with the help of raktamokshana.
4) Raktamokshana helps in treatment of Hyperlipidemia,
5) Heart Disease, Hypertension could be treated with the help of raktamokshana.